A Surprising Honor

I’m always behind on my reading. Over the weekend, I picked up the January issue of RT Book Reviews. Imagine my surprise as I read through the award nominations list to see my name. I’m in the Career Achievement category for science fiction and fantasy, along with these great writers: Tanya Huff, Jo Walton, Nalo Hopkinson, and Michelle Sagara. About the award nomination, RT says “RT’s Career Achievement Awards honor authors for their entire body of work throughout their career. Each of these authors has written many outstanding stories and played an essential role in their particular genre.

I am incredibly honored to say the very least. The news certainly made my week. Here’s the link so that you can see all the other marvelous writers nominated in their various genres for career achievement. Such amazing company! Thank you, RT!

Send to Kindle

22 Comments

1. Aww. Congrats! That is a tremendous honor. A shame they didn’t contact you. It’s a good thing you were reading carefully. I never win anything so I don’t read those lists. LOL Maybe I should!

• I was surprised too that they didn’t contact me. But that doesn’t mean they didn’t try. My e-mail has been dicey of late. And thanks for the congrats!

2. You deserve the recognition! Now, if the stars line up properly, you will be the recipient.

3. That’s brilliant news! And much deserved. You and your husband work so hard at what you do, and yet you both still find time to help us new struggling writers out. Thank you always and congratulations!

4. Well I’m not surprised at all, really. But a big congrats to you! :D

5. Congratulations! Very much deserved.

6. Congratulations, Kris! Will you be going to the RT convention in Kansas City in May to collect your award?

LOL. I hope so. I just set up my trip to attend for the first time. RT has been so e- and indie positive, I decided to spend my conference money on them this year.

Anyway, very deserved!

• Because of my unpredictable health, I haven’t committed to anything this year. So I probably won’t be there, much as I want to. Have fun for me! (And thanks.)

7. Wonderful, Kris! Congratulations! And what a fun surprise!

8. Congrats!

Meanwhile, this “RT” thinks you deserve an award for all the help you’ve given writers over the years.

-Randy T.

9. Hey Kathryn,
    Elisa from RT here. Congrats on your nomination! We nominate TONS of authors and books every year, and unfortunately don’t have the time to contact all of them, but we publicize it on our website as well as Facebook and Twitter! We announce nominees (and winners) around the same time every year. Winners will be announced in the beginning of May this year.
    Best,
    Elisa

• No problem at all, Elisa. I completely understand, and am very, very, very thrilled (as you can tell!).

10. Also, please forgive me for the typo! Our founder is named Kathryn, spelled the exact same way, so I had a brain fart. Sorry about that!

Submit a Comment