I have been doing so many things that I failed to tell those of you who come to the website about the Cattitude Storybundle. I curated this bundle, which means I chose the books and writers that are in it. Rather than regurgitate what I originally wrote about it, I’m going to post the blog here.
But before I do that, here’s the link. Please note that I’m sooooo proud of this bundle. I think it’s the perfect antidote to the crappy summer that we’ve all been having. Enjoy!
THe Blog: THE 2021 CATTITUDE BUNDLE
This bundle thrills me. Often, I curate StoryBundles filled with books I’ve read. Always, I curate with authors whose work I like. But as I curate them, I’m aware that I am a moody reader who rarely wants to read what’s prescribed. So, with the books I have only read parts of or haven’t read at all, I put them in a To-Be-Read pile to finish when the mood strikes.
With cat fiction, though, the mood always strikes me. I’ll stop whatever I’m doing to read a cat story. Well, that’s not entirely true. I’ll do whatever I’m doing, unless I’m petting one of my three cats.
Many of the books in this bundle combine cats and magic. It seems a proper combination. Cats can twist themselves into the strangest positions. They have an uncanny way of loving us or torturing us (depending on how they feel about us). They have a mysterious edge, even if they’re the friendliest cat on the planet.
Some of the books include romance with their magic and their cats. Before I was married, I knew I could never have a relationship with someone who didn’t like cats. It was, I thought (and think), an unrecoverable character flaw. So right there, even before I ever edited anything, I thought about cats synonymously with romance.
Cats, with their magical ways about them, can facilitate relationships.
They can also find killers, as they do—to great effect—in our mystery novels. (They too are filled with magic.)
We also have steampunk (science fiction?) cats, cats who understand time travel (don’t they all?) and cats with so much courage that they put superheroes to shame.
We have cats, cats, and more cats. Not enough cats, of course, because as readers, we can never have enough cats in our literature.
I’m feeling lucky as a curator, because we also have four exclusive books in this bundle. Four books that you can only get here. These four books did not exist before the summer began. I’ve read bits of all of them, I haven’t read them all.
So you can guess what my leisure reading is going to be in the next few days. It’ll probably be similar to your leisure reading—or at least, I hope it will. Because you don’t want to miss this one. It’ll only last three weeks, and then it’s gone.
Oh, and before you go, do consider adding some money for our charity, AbleGamers. AbleGamers enables folks who are housebound to experience a life outside of their homes without leaving the safety of their place. (I suspect indoor cats would approve.) Able Gamers tailors gaming consoles and other equipment to individuals so that they can participate, make friends, and spend time with others, without leaving their homes.
Four exclusives, lots of cats, and a chance to help others. What a great way to celebrate the last month of summer. – Kristine Kathryn Rusch
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of four books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE.
- Cattitudeby Dean Wesley Smith
- The Year of the Catedited by Kristine Kathryn Rusch and Dean Wesley Smith
- The Emperor of San Franciscoby Max Thompson with K.A. Thompson
- Unfamiliar Magicby Bonnie Elizabeth
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $15, you get all four of the regular books, plus six more books, including four StoryBundle exclusives! That’s a total of 10 titles!
- The Big Tomby Dean Wesley Smith
- Girl’s Guide to Witchcraftby Mindy Klasky
- Borrowed Timeby Leah Cutter (StoryBundle Exclusive)
- A Kaleidoscope of Cat Talesby Kari Kilgore (StoryBundle Exclusive)
- Strength & Chaos, Mischief & Poiseby Brigid Collins (StoryBundle Exclusive)
- A Lady of the Galaxyby Anthea Sharp (StoryBundle Exclusive)
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): Youdecide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to AbleGamers!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.